Why you should migrate from Magento 1.X to Magneto 2.0
Magento ending Magento 1.0 online support by November 2018, many Magento 1 user is wondering what to do and so many questions arise in mind:
- What should we do?
- Do we have to upgrade to Magento 2?
- What happened after November 2018?
- What means ending support for Magento?
- Why should we upgrade to Magento 2?
- Can we easily upgrade to Magento 2?
- Is there any complexity in upgrading?
As an eCommerce Ninja, have reviewed many alternatives and I suggest migrating to Magento 2. It is the best alternative of all the eCommerce platforms available today. If Magento 1 is already running your website successfully, Magento 2 is sure to take it to new heights of success.
A large number of web stores need to upgrade this year to stay up to date with the latest security concerns and new feature releases. Magento has already given direct availability of Magento 2.0 in 2015. So, of course, they will stop supporting Magento 1.x in November 2018.
What are means to stop supporting?
We already know Magento provides security patches regularly to stop any types of security vulnerabilities. Unfortunately, there is no any guarantee you will receive such types of security patches after November 2018 which are very important for our online store as you know.
Meanwhile what we should do? Are you still want to continue Magento 1? Definitely, you can run your store with Magento 1.0 without any regular security updates and bug fixing by Magento but your store might damage. So you must not use Magento 1.X You can change the platform or migrate to Magento 2.0
- Change Platform: You can upgrade your store to another platform but you have to think what will be disadvantaged. It might very time-consuming process and its huge risk. You may lose any content, internal linking, and your site ranking.
- Migrate to Magento 2: Its just migrate, no need to change platform. I know it’s not much easy but If you have good knowledge and want to continue Magento then migration is the best option. Please keep note Magento 2 is much better and secure than Magento 1. Migration to Magento 2 involves creating a new website again with a new upgraded platform.
Currently, they are investing valuable time in the improvement of Magento 2, Magento 1 would be outdated. Here are the good reasons why you should migrate to Magento 2.
It will definitely improve your site performance. In Magento 2, page loads are much faster than Magento 1. In Magento 2, the caching system has much improved and provides native support for caching technologies as Varnish technologies. Magento 2 is able to manage 10 million page views per hour. Magento is able to handle more orders an hour compared to Magento 1.
Ajax Cart & PHP 7
Improved Admin Section
Admin section has been improved which makes it simpler and more streamlined than old versions of Magento. Also, Magento 2 allows managing product data by multiple admins simultaneously and provides default functionality to add YouTube & Vimeo videos.
Magento has improved customer experience in the latest version. The checkout process is much smoother and allowing to create an account after ordering. A Customer can see order details on every step of checkout.
Overall all stakeholders will get benefits after migrating to Magento 2 because of performance improvement and added new functionality. Still having a question or want help in migrating to Magento 2.0, Reach us. Happy to help!